Golf Club Manager and Marketing Coordinator Position
Posted on Tuesday September 25, 2018 at 11:08AM
Department of Parks & Recreation (Full-Time Employment)
Golf Club Manager and Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to Director of Parks and Recreation, The Town of St. Paul is looking for a Golf Club Manager and Marketing Coordinator. This specialized position will oversee the operation and services provided by the Town of St. Paul Golf Club, (excluding the restaurant). Included in this position is the sound management and scheduling of staff, management of services to members and the public as well as the coordination of marketing related initiatives and other directives as assigned by the Director of Parks and Recreation. Also qualifications to give/direct golf lessons would also be considered an asset.
The Town is looking for an individual who is customer service driven with a warm open personality willing to work with our members and staff to help bring the Golf Club to it’s potential. A business background is preferred and a good working knowledge of our community would also be considered an asset. This position will manage the golf club operations, and work laterally with our Turf Manager to coordinate the overall condition and direction of the golf course under the direction of the Director of Parks and Recreation.
The Golf Club Manager is also expected to participate in the overall marketing of the Town, by way of committee participation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Hire, train, schedule, oversee, and direct Pro Shop employees (i.e. Facility Attendants).
2. Coordinate and implement all Golf Course leagues, programs, clubs, events, and services (e.g. memberships, tee time reservations, etc.).
3. If qualified, directly instruct all golf lessons.
4. Coordinate all retail activities, including POS and financial operation, of the Pro Shop/Golf Club. This will include procurement of approved Town promotional items and materials.
5. Perform all duties of the Pro Shop Attendant position.
6. Assist in the development, amendment, and implementation of relevant operational policies and procedures.
7. Assist with the development of relevant capital and operating budgets.
8. Produce and provide reports and recommendations as required.
9. Promote, sell, and coordinate sponsorship and advertising for Parks and Recreation Department facilities, including the Golf Course.
10. Ensure excellent customer service is provided, and maintain good public relations with patrons and clientele.
11. Liaise and collaborate with other key department staff members and contractors, including the Parks and Recreation Facilities Foreman, Golf Course Foreman, and Golf Course Restaurant operator.
12. Attend meetings upon request (e.g. Marketing Committee, Parks and Recreation Board, etc.).
13. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Parks and Recreation.
• Standard First Aid and CPR certification, or willingness to obtain
• Interest and above average knowledge of the game of golf
• Experience in the supervision of staff
• Experience in customer service and promotions and/or marketing
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer proficiency in business applications (e.g. TeeOn, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• PGA of Canada teaching/coaching certification or willingness to obtain
• Golf instructor skills and abilities
• Post Secondary Education in golf course management/operations, business, recreation, or a related field
Starting annual salary for this position is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Applications, including a resume, cover letter, and references, to be submitted via email (Word format).
For additional information please contact:
Harvey Smyl, Director of Parks and Recreation
Applications will be accepted until October 19, 2018 @ 4:30pm MST
The Town of St. Paul thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected applicants will be contacted for further information and follow-up.
Author: Town of St. Paul
Comment on our article:
- Reception Centre for Evacuees has been activated
- TELUS Fibre Optic Network
- Transfer Station - St. Paul Waste Management Facility & Recycling Centre
- Friendly Welcome Program
- Donation Details
- Local Resteraunts Support Fort McMurray
- Geezers on Wheezers
- Cannabis Legalization- October 17, 2018
- Parent Link Clothing Exchange